IRIS Window Coverings offers dozens name brand decorative Roman Shades that come in a myriad of fabrics, including a wide selection of natural material.
Roman Shades give that classic old world look because of how they operate. When Roman Shades open they don't wind around a tuber but instead the shade
folds upward into overlapping layers.
Roman Shades offer a clean and sophisticated look that is traditional old world, yet modern. A classic Roman Shade lays flat, resembling a roller shade, when lowered, yet takes on overlaying folds when raised. As a versatile shade choice it comes in many different styles, and in almost any fabric, thus affording wide latitude in design approach.
Styles and fabric vary from casual to high fashion, allowing these shades to function as a complete window treatment in any room of the home, office space or a restaurant bistro setting. Roman Shades can also be ideal for children's rooms, providing a room-darkening solution for napping when pulled down, and the softness of a valance when pulled up.
A "hobbled" (stepped) Roman Shade maintains the beauty of the overlaying folds, even when the shade is lowered. Balloon Shades have baggy cloud-like poufs at the bottom that create an elegant, feminine finish. These are just a few of the many styles available.
The appeal of Roman Shades has grown with the introduction of seamless sheer fabrics for large windows, as well as duo Roman Shades utilizing blackout fabrics for bedrooms or meeting rooms.
Specialty Vignette Modern Roman Shades
This unique "ready-made" modern Roman Shade offers fresh, contemporary fabrics and colors in a selection of fold sizes, styles and opacity options.
These Hunter Douglas window coverings are precision engineered with no exposed cords on the back side for a clean, uncluttered appearance, and improved child safety. This specialty Roman Shade can either roll up or stack; innovative lifting systems and design options make it possible to cover almost any conceivable window.
Roman Shade Product Features can Include:
- Available as Motorized or Manual
- Motorized shades can be controlled by Building Management Systems, Home Automation Controllers, simple
switches or wireless remote control
- Our European partners manufacture four types of shades utilizing their own fabrics
- Extra wide design selections
- Assortment of styles offered
- Almost any fabric may be utilized
- Solar Shade material can be used
- Natural fabrics (including bamboo, rattan, and natural grasses)
- Continuous cord loop lift system
- Standard cord lift mechanism are available as top-down/bottom-up
- Specialty shapes including arch and angle tops
- All shades meet the ANSI Standard for child safety