IRIS Window Coverings is pleased to represent a variety of window shutter suppliers, and are thus able to furnish these exquisite window treatments
in a variety of styles and price points for both home and office. Our experts can motorize almost any shutter and are recognized as the leader in motorized window
coverings in the Seattle - Puget Sound area.
A window shutter usually pivots on both sides of a window opening inward to allow access to the window and to allow light into the room. Shutters are offered
in multiple configurations for all types of windows, including bow, bay, French doors, patio doors and specialty shapes.
Standard window shutters have panels with movable louvers which can rotate open and closed by means of a tilt bar to control the amount of light that is allowed into the room. These panels may be hinged together to provide for wider widths.
Shutters can also be configured in a single unit that uses one panel from top to bottom of a window opening, or they can be stacked with one unit above another. The stacked type of shutter features separate panels, which allows each panel to be operated independently from the other panels.
Plantation shutters are made with a horizontal divider rail which separates the slats in the upper and lower portions of the shutter panel. This allows the lower section of louvers to be operated independently from the top section. The whole panel still rotates into the room to allow access to the window.
Shutters are constructed from numerous types of wood, which can be then be painted or stained to match any color. Shutters are made to close tolerances to provide the best possible fit.
Window Shutter Product Features can Include:
- Available Motorized or Manual Rollers (although most are often motorized)
- Available in three materials Hardwood, PolySatin PVC), Composition (PVC/Wood)
- Louver wide from 2 1/2" to 5 1/2"
- Large selection of standard colors and finishes
- Hinges also offered in different colors and finishes
- Designer options such as Divider Rails and Split Pull Bars
- Specialty shapes including arch and angle tops
- Bay and Corner Windows (minimum and maximum sizes may apply)
- All shades meet the ANSI Standard for child safety